Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting Married and Why I am doing this!!



Well I am a newlywed and got married on November 14, 2009 in Birmingham.  I married the most amazing man, Joey Snowden, and had my dream wedding.  We were surrounded by our best friends and wonderful family while saying our vows under the stars in a candlelit ceremony at the Historical Tutwiler Hotel.  Since the wedding I have joined Joey in Vicenza, Italy for 10 days before he deploys for a year long assignment in Afghanistan.  It is not ideal to spend the first year of marriage apart- one of us teaching in Alabama while the other is fighting a war in the middle east- but it is what it is and I have never been more proud of another person in my life.

I have decided to write a blog...I know, I know I said I NEVER WOULD... but it is for Joey.  He has told me that when guys are overseas they feel like they miss out on the events with their family.  Since Joey's brother is coming home soon, his sister is having a new baby in February, I start teaching in my first special education job and finish my masters in a few weeks, and so many more exciting things happen this year; I need to give him a way to experience these things.  That being said...if you are part of our family our friends and you have news or prayers or anything at all you want to keep Joey informed about let me know AND send me pictures!!  Also...if you want his address downrange just email and of course I will send it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment