Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving in Italy with my HUSBAND :)

So today it is Wednesday the 25th and Joey and I are leaving for Cinque Terre this afternoon to spend 3 nights and 4 days together before I go home on Sunday.  Cinque Terre is an area on the coast of Italy that is made up of a few small towns connected by walking trails.  We are taking the train, and I am so excited!!  I will take lots of pictures!!

This Thanksgiving holiday is our first as a married couple and will be our only until next Christmas, so we are trying to make memories.  We decided not to try and make our first disaster of a holiday meal this time and just opt for beautiful views, hiking, window shopping, and good Italian food. 


I am enjoying being together right now, and trying to soak in every little detail before he puts me on the plane Sunday and then he goes to Afghanistan.  I know he will be ok and do incredible things while he is there, but I will miss him tremendously!  So after Sunday, I will be filling up my schedule with a ridiculous amount of work and activities to keep me busy so the time will pass.  But before that happens I am having the best time of my life with my husband in a romantic country!  I will put up pictures when I get home, and I hope everyone we love has a blessed and amazing Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment