Friday, January 7, 2011

We are THRILLED to announce...



Joey and I are thrilled to announce we have expanded our family by one more! A baby you say?! No, even better...A KITTY! haha

SULLY
He was born in late September, so he is about 4 months old.  I know, I know...he is HUGE!  I am so excited we found him.  It has been quite tiring!  Joey had given me a collar and little toys in my stocking to symbolize that we would be getting a kitten, and I was beside myself.  We both want to have dogs so very badly however, the timing for us right now is not right.  The flat we live in is in downtown Vicenza and not really accommodating to anything larger than a cat, and for all of you who know me a small dog is not even an option.  Small dogs creep me out!  So being that the 2 cats living with my parents (Simon & Bruce Wayne) are very cool and like to play we decided to get a male cat.  

We thought finding one in Italy would be no problem since they roam around everywhere and the pet stores sell JAPANESE CHIPMUNKS!!!??  We were wrong.  After trying every pet store in the province, every ad, and every shelter we had given up.  Then Monday morning a lady from Verona called with a 3.5-4 month old kitten she was giving away.  She lives way out in the wine country and has about 25 cats...no judgement.  We hopped in the car and an hour later we had Sully!

He is still quite afraid but slowly warming up to us.  He is very gentle, loves to be brushed, and loves sleeping under 2 blankets (one is my baby blanket...I had to give it up sometime I guess) with his monkey!  HA!  Side note: He hates to get baths.  

All in all Joey and I are so excited about our new edition!  We are off to the vet today for vaccines and a microchip.  Merry Christmas to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment