Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ETSY has become more than an 'itsy bitsy' problem....

  I don't know if everyone in the world knows about the best website ever to have been developed, but I have to spread the gospel if you have not.  This site is INCREDIBLE, and it is called Etsy (www.etsy.com).  I have known about for a couple years now but became more intrigued as my friends started to launch their businesses on it and we bought a house.  For those of you who are unsure of what the website is let me explain.  It is a site where ANYONE can buy and sell their handmade products or vintage finds.  And when I say products and finds I mean everything from clothing, baby bedding to baby accessories, to home decor, to iron workings, to ornate or modern or unfinished or refinished furniture, antiques, art work, and the list goes on and on.  

So basically I am telling you this website is a MUST for anyone who is sick of mass produced finds from companies that over charge for products with sub-par merchandise.  Check it out because among the  thousands of vendors and hundreds of thousands of products there is something for everyone!!  Just ask my sweet Joey... I have a wish list of furniture and home decor a mile long :)

Here are a few pics of things I bought yesterday....

The above chocolate brown & cream distressed frame and the hand carved and painted sign are from Memphis, Tn by a shop on Etsy called 'roundthebendshop'.
The hanging art piece made from an antique window and the window panel with bamboo inserts are made by Suzanne Penland who is found on Etsy under the shop name 'sspenland'.

 This set of painted and distressed frames is from Decatur, AL on Etsy under the shop name of 'dewdropdaisies'.

AND MY FAVORITE FIND...
 This handmade, distressed trunk (which will be used at the end of our bed) was made by Zach DuBois of Elkhart, In,  His shop can be found on Etsy under the name 'thebarnwoodshop'.  He makes some amazing things and this is not his full time job.  I love reading about the people who use this website as a business medium because you find out that a majority of these people make their products because they genuinely love the craft.  How much better can it be than to do what you love, provide a product made of your hard work and sweat, and make a little money because of your talent?!  I think it is awesome!!

Good luck on your journey to discover truly gifted people on this wonderful website!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment