Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Hunger Games? Most Definitely!!


Have you read any new books lately? No, Yes, don't really read often??  Well you need to go out right now and buy the Hunger Games Trilogy or order it on Kindle/Nook or whatever it is the way you read books.  These books are amazing!  Do not get me wrong, they are no Catcher and the Rye or Wuthering Heights, but they are an intense and solid read.

 If you know me, you know I read A LOT!  I come from a family that appreciates a good book (or hundreds of them), so I really do not recommend novels unless I truly enjoy them or find something worthwhile in the message.  My plug for these 3 books is the following: adventuresome, intense, filled with description, takes a closer look at the human condition and human beings' need for survival, captivating, thought & emotion provoking, and full of parallels to today's society which is filled with such unrest.

If you are expecting something which is challenging these books are not your books.  They are easy to read and for all purposes intended for a young adult audience.  However, they are not ridiculously filled with teen angst or trivial drama.  I believe the reason the books appeal to people of an older generation is due to the way the trilogy's themes are not limited to one age group.  So go read them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment